Open Access: Agreement with the Swedish Consortium of Universities and Research Libraries (2018–2020)
SWEDISH RESEARCH PUBLISHED OPEN ACCESS AT REDUCED COST TO AUTHORS
IOS Press has entered into an agreement with the Swedish Consortium of University and Research Libraries (Bibsam) to support Open Access publishing in its journals for research articles from Sweden.
Corresponding authors affiliated with the licensed Swedish institutions listed below will be eligible to publish in all IOS Press Open Access journals and hybrid journals at a 30% discount of the Article Processing Charge (APC). Articles will be published as Open Access (under a CC-BY license). This agreement for authors at 15x eligible Swedish institutions commenced in 2018 and will run until the end of 2020, as indicated below. Under the agreement, the affiliated institutions are granted access to the IOS Press journals.
Which universities or research libraries and which IOS Press journals are covered by this agreement?
The institutions covered in the initial agreement (2018–2020) include:
- Chalmers University of Technology
- Jönköping University
- Karolinska Institutet
- Linköping University
- Luleå University of Technology
- Lund University
- Mälardalen University
- Örebro University
- Royal Institute of Technology
- Stockholm University
- University of Gothenburg
- University of Borås
- University of Gävle
- Umeå University
- Uppsala University
The journals covered by this agreement include the entire current catalog of IOS Press journals. A full list can be found here.
How does it work?
- If you are a corresponding author based in Sweden, first check if you are affiliated with an eligible institution; the current list of eligible institutions is listed above.
- Next ask yourself: If my paper is accepted for publication, do I wish to publish it Open Access (CC-BY license) at 30% discount on the APC? If yes, please get in touch with us via the following steps.
- Only on acceptance of the final manuscript should the corresponding author send an email to: email@example.com.
- In this message, you are requested to include the article reference number of your submission, the eligible institution you are affiliated with, and include “Bibsam Sweden Agreement” in the subject line of this email, and please state that you wish your article to be Open Access.
- Once IOS Press has verified the affiliation, you will then be instructed how to pay the discounted APC fee.
- When payment has been made, the article will be published as Open Access (under a CC-BY license). See also Note #1 below.
Note #1: If the author needs to purchase extras, such as color figures, print issues and/or PDFs, a fee form will need to be filled out. In such a case:
-under Article Publication Fee, select: “This is an additional order”
-under Open Access select: “An Open Access option has already been agreed upon”
The corresponding author is defined as:
The person who handles the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process – from manuscript correction and proof reading, to handling the revisions and re-submission of revised manuscripts up to the acceptance of the manuscripts. The author has the authority to act on behalf of all co-authors in all matters pertaining to publication of the manuscript including supplementary material. The corresponding author is responsible for obtaining such agreements and for informing the co-authors of the manuscript’s status throughout the submission, review, and publication process. In addition, the corresponding author also acts as the point of contact for any enquiries after the paper is published.