Open Access: Agreement with the Swedish Consortium of Universities and Research Libraries (2021–2023)
SWEDISH RESEARCH PUBLISHED OPEN ACCESS AT NO COST TO AUTHORS
IOS Press has entered into an agreement with the Swedish Consortium of Universities and Research Libraries (Bibsam) to support Open Access publishing in its journals for publicly financed research articles from Sweden and includes access to all the current journals.
This is a “Read and Publish” agreement. The “Publish” element covers the Article Processing Charges (APCs) for corresponding authors affiliated with the licensed Swedish institutions listed below in all IOS Press Open Access journals and hybrid journals. Articles will be published as Open Access (under a CC-BY license) with no associated cost for the authors. This agreement is for unlimited Open Access publishing to authors at 14x eligible Swedish institutions commenced in 2021 and will run until the end of 2023. Under the “Read” element, affiliated institutions are granted access to the IOS Press journals.
Which universities or institutes (and eligible affiliated associations) and which IOS Press journals are covered by the Read and Publish agreement?
The institutions covered in this agreement (2021–2023) include:
- Jönköping University
- Karolinska Institute
- Linköping University
- Luleå University of Technology
- Lund University
- Mälardalen University
- Örebro University
- Royal Institute of Technology
- Stockholm Univesity
- Umeå University
- University of Borås
- University of Gävle
- University of Gothenburg
- Uppsala University
The journals covered by this agreement include the entire current catalog of IOS Press journals. A full list can be found here.
How does it work?
- If you are a corresponding author based in Sweden, first check if you are affiliated with an eligible institution; the current list of eligible institutions, email domains, and IP addresses can be found here.
- By default, all eligible articles will be published Open Access.
- To be sure that your article will be published Open Access at the earliest stage following submission and to ensure that your submission is not missed in the workflow of IOS Press, you are requested to send an email to: email@example.com. Please state the article reference number of your submission, the eligible institution you are affiliated with, and include “Bibsam Agreement” In the subject line of this email.
- Once IOS Press has verified the affiliation, the article will be designated as Open Access (under a CC-BY license) if the paper gets accepted for publication. The author will be made aware that no payment is required. See Note #1 below.
Note #1: If the author needs to purchase extras, such as color figures, print issues and/or PDFs, these are not covered in the agreement. A fee form will need to be filled out. In such a case:
-under Article Publication Fee, select: “This is an additional order”
-under Open Access select: “An Open Access option has already been agreed upon”
The corresponding author is defined as:
The person who handles the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process – from manuscript correction and proof reading, to handling the revisions and re-submission of revised manuscripts up to the acceptance of the manuscripts. The author has the authority to act on behalf of all co-authors in all matters pertaining to publication of the manuscript including supplementary material. The corresponding author is responsible for obtaining such agreements and for informing the co-authors of the manuscript’s status throughout the submission, review, and publication process. In addition, the corresponding author also acts as the point of contact for any enquiries after the paper is published.
[Page last updated: Jan 26, 2021]