IOS Press is happy to cooperate with Kudos, a service that helps researchers maximize the impact and visibility of their research. It allows authors to enrich their articles with lay metadata, add links to related materials and promote articles through the Kudos system to a wider public. From an author’s personal dashboard, it is possible to track how often articles are viewed and shared through Kudos. The service has been available to authors of all IOS Press journal articles since 2016.
Top reasons for authors to use Kudos
- You can make your profile and start making an impact in 10 minutes.
- You can increase readership of your articles by 23%.
- It’s free to use, yet the results could be invaluable.
View more at: growkudos.com/about/researchers
Benefits for authors
- Better readership, more impact for your article: an early pilot study in 2013 showed an average increase of 19% in readership for articles enriched and shared through Kudos.
- Easy-to-use dashboard explaining opportunities to enrich your article: key points, short summary, additional links, personal CV, etc.
- Support on how to use both traditional and social media to further promote your article.
- A variety of metrics available on article level: from Altmetrics to views and shares within Kudos, click-throughs to the article’s PDF and citations tracked by Web of Science.
NEWS (November 2020): We are pleased to introduce the new IOS Press Showcase page, as realized by Kudos. Via the new platform, you can read article summaries written by our journal authors, with key takeaways and links to the articles on the IOS Press Content Library. The platform provides exposure for the latest research by making it discoverable, and opening up the content to be understood by broader audiences. Take a look for yourself. View Showcase
How it works
IOS Press supplies Kudos with metadata of newly published articles. This is used to identify the article by DOI in CrossRef and to invite the authors by email to register for the Kudos service. After this, various steps prompt authors to enrich, explain and share additional information by use of the Kudos system. Kudos can also provide widgets that can be embedded into webpages to present researchers’ lay abstracts on their personal websites. Authors will receive no more than three emails: one invitation and a maximum of two reminders to register for the service and link the published article to their profile. Using and registering for Kudos remains entirely optional.
Why partner with Kudos?
It is increasingly difficult for important research to get noticed. By offering the Kudos service, IOS Press would like to give authors the opportunity to let their research stand out, to bring their articles to the attention of the wider public, not only their direct peers, but also the media and broader audiences.
Are there any costs?
No, the use of Kudos is entirely free for researchers.
How does registering, enriching, and sharing work?
Please have a look at the detailed user guide and FAQ on the Kudos website for more information.
Which IOS Press articles are available in Kudos?
Fully published (non-pre-press) articles from journals. At the moment, the service is unavailable for book articles.
Are articles previously published with IOS Press available in Kudos as well?
IOS Press has placed its DOIs in CrossRef since June 2015. Articles published after this date are retrievable in Kudos and can be enriched and shared. All corresponding authors since January 2016 have received an invitation to register.