IOS Press welcomes both current and future authors and editors to this section. Here you can find the information you need about publishing with us.
Why publish with us?
High visibility of publications and discoverability of content
* Books submitted to relevant scientific indexes
* Inclusion in Google Book Search
*All journals available via a robust online platform
*Coverage by major abstracting and indexes services
Lenient copyright policy
* Authors retain copyright to their articles
* Manuscript versions may be posted freely on personal websites
Print and online publication
* DOI registration for all articles
* All book chapters available as separately downloadable items
* High quality print publication produced in The Netherlands
Clear guidelines for authors and editors
* Author templates for LaTeX or MS Word at author’s choice
* Dedicated team of skilled professionals at the Amsterdam headquarters and satellite offices
* All books and journals receive individual attention
Worldwide marketing and distribution
* Books available through all major booksellers (Amazon, Barnes & Noble)
* Sales offices and representatives on all continents
* Flexible licensing and multisite agreements for books and journals
Permanent archiving of journal articles is guaranteed through an arrangement with the Dutch Royal Library and will also be implemented for books.
Author Copyright Agreement
Click here to read our copyright agreement.
Authors and editors of all IOS Press publications (both books and journals) are entitled to 25% discount on books. All orders must be pre-paid (check or credit card mail order). No postage and handling costs will be charged. Submit your order by email.
Please take a moment to read IOS Press’ general publication ethics guideline before submitting your manuscript.
Instruction to authors per journal
Go to the journal of your choice and click on the tab ‘Submission of Manuscripts’ for detailed instructions.
LaTeX and Word tools for book authors
IOS Press provides instructions and tools for book authors on how to prepare and submit a camera-ready manuscript in MS Word or LaTeX. Please read the instructions carefully.
The tools for book authors include:
– Word template – Click here to download the zipfile with the instructions and tools for MS Word
– LaTeX stylefile – Click here to download the zipfile with the instructions and tools for LaTeX
Going to a conference?
Please let us know if you’re going to a conference, so we can provide you with flyers or other promotional material for your journal and/or book. Send us an email to work out the details.