NRE Most-Cited (1992 to 2018)
To celebrate 25 years of NeuroRehabilitation in 2017, the journal’s 25 Top Cited articles of all time were made freely available.
This list is now updated annually. To view the content, click the titles:
- The impact of traumatic brain injuries: A global perspective – Hyder A.A., Wunderlich C.A., Puvanachandra P., Gururaj G., Kobusingye O.C.
- Gait and step training to reduce falls in Parkinson’s disease – Protas E.J., Mitchell K., Williams A., Qureshy H., Caroline K., Lai E.C.
- Sensorimotor training in virtual reality: A review – Adamovich S.V., Fluet G.G., Tunik E., Merians A.S.
- Understanding awareness deficits following brain injury – Toglia J., Kirk U.
- Executive dysfunction following traumatic brain injury: Neural substrates and treatment strategies – McDonald B.C., Flashman L.A., Saykin A.J.
- Bilateral arm training: Why and who benefits? – Waller S.M., Whitall J.
- Hypoxic-ischemic brain injury: Pathophysiology, neuropathology and mechanisms – Busl K.M., Greer D.M.
- The relation between post concussion symptoms and neurocognitive performance in concussed athletes – Fazio V.C., Lovell M.R., Pardini J.E., Collins M.W.
- The effects of random whole-body-vibration on motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease – Haas C.T., Turbanski S., Kessler K., Schmidtbleicher D.
- The effects of a balance and strength training program on equilibrium in Parkinsonism: A preliminary study – Toole T., Hirsch M.A., Forkink A., Lehman D.A., Maitland C.G.
- Long-term survival after traumatic brain injury: A population-based analysis – Brown A.W., Leibson C.L., Malec J.F., Perkins P.K., Diehl N.N., Larson D.R.
- Evaluation and treatment of postconcussive symptoms – McAllister T.W., Arciniegas D.
- A comparison of functional and impairment-based robotic training in severe to moderate chronic stroke: A pilot study – Krebs H.I., Mernoff S., Fasoli S.E., Hughes R., Stein J., Hogan N.
- The association of sports and physical recreation with life satisfaction in a community sample of people with spinal cord injuries – Tasiemski T., Kennedy P., Gardner B.P., Taylor N.
- Constraint-induced movement therapy for motor recovery after stroke – Morris D.M., Crago J.E., DeLuca S.C., Pidikiti R.D., Taub E.
- Treadmill training with partial body weight support after stroke: A review – Hesse S.
- Drug induced arousal from the permanent vegetative state – Clauss R., Nel W.
- The vegetative and minimally conscious states: Consensus-based criteria for establishing diagnosis and prognosis – Giacino J.T.
- Developing a follow-up survey focused on participation of children and youth with acquired brain injuries after discharge from inpatient rehabilitation – Bedell G.M.
- Mortality following rehabilitation in the Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems of Care – Harrison-Felix C., Whiteneck G., DeVivo M., Hammond F.M., Jha A.
- Return to work after spinal cord injury: A review of recent research – Yasuda S., Wehman P., Targett P., Cifu D.X., West M.
- Contributions of functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) to sport concussion evaluation – Ptito A., Chen J.-K., Johnston K.M.
- The validity of the GaitRite and the functional ambulation performance scoring system in the analysis of Parkinson gait – Nelson A.J., Zwick D., Brody S., Doran C., Pulver L., Rooz G., Sadownick M., Nelson R., Rothman J.
- The ICF: Applications of the WHO model of functioning, disability and health to brain injury rehabilitation – Bilbao A., Kennedy C., Chatterji S., Üstün B., Vásquez Barquero J.L., Barth J.T.
- Decline in function and life expectancy of older persons with cerebral palsy – Strauss D., Ojdana K., Shavelle R., Rosenbloom L.