NeuroRehabilitation celebrates its 25th anniversary
Celebrating 25 years of NeuroRehabilitation: read the journal’s 25 Top Cited articles of the last 25 years for free:
- The impact of traumatic brain injuries: A global perspective – Hyder A.A., Wunderlich C.A., Puvanachandra P., Gururaj G., Kobusingye O.C.
- Gait and step training to reduce falls in Parkinson’s disease – Protas E.J., Mitchell K., Williams A., Qureshy H., Caroline K., Lai E.C.
- Understanding awareness deficits following brain injury – Toglia J., Kirk U.
- Sensorimotor training in virtual reality: A review – Adamovich S.V., Fluet G.G., Tunik E., Merians A.S.
- Executive dysfunction following traumatic brain injury: Neural substrates and treatment strategies – McDonald B.C., Flashman L.A., Saykin A.J.
- The relation between post concussion symptoms and neurocognitive performance in concussed athletes – Fazio V.C., Lovell M.R., Pardini J.E., Collins M.W.
- Bilateral arm training: Why and who benefits? – Waller S.M., Whitall J.
- The effects of a balance and strength training program on equilibrium in Parkinsonism: A preliminary study – Toole T., Hirsch M.A., Forkink A., Lehman D.A., Maitland C.G.
- The effects of random whole-body-vibration on motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease – Haas C.T., Turbanski S., Kessler K., Schmidtbleicher D.
- Evaluation and treatment of postconcussive symptoms – McAllister T.W., Arciniegas D.
- Drug induced arousal from the permanent vegetative state – Clauss R., Nel W.
- Constraint-induced movement therapy for motor recovery after stroke – Morris D.M., Crago J.E., DeLuca S.C., Pidikiti R.D., Taub E.
- A comparison of functional and impairment-based robotic training in severe to moderate chronic stroke: A pilot study – Krebs H.I., Mernoff S., Fasoli S.E., Hughes R., Stein J., Hogan N.
- Contributions of functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) to sport concussion evaluation – Ptito A., Chen J.-K., Johnston K.M.
- Hypoxic-ischemic brain injury: Pathophysiology, neuropathology and mechanisms – Busl K.M., Greer D.M.
- Treadmill training with partial body weight support after stroke: A review – Hesse S.
- Long-term survival after traumatic brain injury: A population-based analysis – Brown A.W., Leibson C.L., Malec J.F., Perkins P.K., Diehl N.N., Larson D.R.
- The vegetative and minimally conscious states: Consensus-based criteria for establishing diagnosis and prognosis – Giacino J.T.
- Mortality following rehabilitation in the Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems of Care – Harrison-Felix C., Whiteneck G., DeVivo M., Hammond F.M., Jha A.
- Return to work after spinal cord injury: A review of recent research – Yasuda S., Wehman P., Targett P., Cifu D.X., West M.
- Developing a follow-up survey focused on participation of children and youth with acquired brain injuries after discharge from inpatient rehabilitation – Bedell G.M.
- The ICF: Applications of the WHO model of functioning, disability and health to brain injury rehabilitation – Bilbao A., Kennedy C., Chatterji S., Üstün B., Vásquez Barquero J.L., Barth J.T.
- Decline in function and life expectancy of older persons with cerebral palsy – Strauss D., Ojdana K., Shavelle R., Rosenbloom L.
- The association of sports and physical recreation with life satisfaction in a community sample of people with spinal cord injuries – Tasiemski T., Kennedy P., Gardner B.P., Taylor N.
- The validity of the GaitRite and the functional ambulation performance scoring system in the analysis of Parkinson gait – Nelson A.J., Zwick D., Brody S., Doran C., Pulver L., Rooz G., Sadownick M., Nelson R., Rothman J.
This is a ranking of most cited articles published in NeuroRehabiliation (ISSN 1053-8135) between 1992 and 2017, based on Scopus’ citation data (Copyright © 2017 Elsevier).
For further aspects of NRE’s 25th anniversary, read the openly available first issue of 2017 here (in Volume 40, Issue 1), as well as the feature article on the top 100 neurorehabilitation papers (in Volume 40, Issue 2).