Vacancy: Publication Manager
June 18, 2019
We are seeking candidates for our Journal Department to fill a position as Publication Manager.
Publication Manager – IOS Press
32 hours per week
You will be part of our Journal Department which is responsible for the publication of English language journals. Responsibilities include coordinating an efficient flow of manuscripts from start to end of the publication process for a portfolio of journals. You will work closely with editors, reviewers, authors and typesetters and help them work as efficiently as possible. You will be working intensively with editors in supporting journal development tasks and taking the lead on projects where needed.
Other tasks include maintaining various databases, handling administrative tasks, and maintaining a workflow to meet the publication deadlines. You will need to coordinate with colleagues inside the office and at various vendors worldwide to ensure a smooth running of your portfolio and be responsible for development of your journals. You will support and initiate marketing efforts in order to increase the impact and revenues of the journals you manage. The position is multifaceted and requires the ability to juggle various tasks simultaneously. Keen attention to detail is necessary as well as the ability to see the big picture of various project requirements.
- University degree level
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- High level of computer skills, and experience of using most of the following: Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Social Media platforms, FTP programs, Trello
- Flexible and proactive
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to form and maintain good working internal and external relationships
- An interest, and preferably experience, in STM or academic publishing
- Experience with peer review management systems (preferably Editorial Manager®)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
We offer you a position in a company that is operating in an international and dynamic publishing industry. Our company culture is informal and offers flexible workdays. You will work in a small team of people where you can grow and expand in your position depending on your personal interests and skillset. The salary is in accordance with the Dutch collective agreements for books and journals publishing.
About IOS Press:
IOS Press is a medium-sized STM publishing house established in 1987 in Amsterdam. IOS Press publishes approximately 90 international journals and 70 book titles annually ranging from computer sciences and mathematics to medicine and natural sciences.
Send a statement of your career goals and CV to Marleen Berfelo, Head of Journal Department