Journal of High Speed Networks
The Journal of High Speed Networks is an international archival journal, active since 1992, providing a publication vehicle for covering a large number of topics of interest in the high performance networking and communication area. Its audience includes researchers, managers as well as network designers and operators. The main goal will be to provide timely dissemination of information and scientific knowledge.
The journal will publish contributed papers on novel research, survey and position papers on topics of current interest, technical notes, and short communications to report progress on long-term projects. Submissions to the Journal will be refereed consistently with the review process of leading technical journals, based on originality, significance, quality, and clarity.
Papers, written entirely in English, must contain original work not published or under revision elsewhere.
The journal will publish papers on a number of topics ranging from design to practical experiences with operational high performance/speed networks. The topics covered will include but not be limited to:
Communication network architectures
- Design, Optimization, Operation and Management of Wired and Wireless Local Area Network (LAN), Metropolitan Area Network (MAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructures
- Traffic engineering, metering, monitoring
- Network control and service architectures, quality of service and service level agreements
- Next generation networks principles, protocol design and evaluation
- Network signaling, pricing and billing
- Unicast and Multicast Routing
- Control and Optimization of Communication Systems
- Congestion and Flow Management and Control
- Optical networks and related switching technologies and control plane paradigms
- Access and home high-speed networks (Passive Optical Networks and last-mile distribution systems)
- Wireless, Cellular, and Mobile Communications
- High speed network devices, interfaces and controllers
- Reliability, availability, serviceabiliy, Fault-Tolerance and Error Recovery
- Economic and Regulatory Issues in Network Communications
- Performance evaluation, tools, modeling and simulation
- Network Applications and case studies
Evolutionary networking protocols, services and architectures
- Management of Evolutionary Network Services
- Energy Efficient and Energy Saving Network Protocols and Architectures
- Overlay and Programmable Networks
- Content Delivery Networks
- Network solutions for fully distributed architectures (Clouds, Grids)
- Decoupled control/forwarding plane architectures
- Agents, Mobile Agents, and Knowledge Based Technologies in High Speed Networks communications
- Genetic and swarm-based networking architectures and protocols
- Peer-to-Peer Networking and Network-related Services
- Real Time Communication and Multimedia Services (VoIP, Online Games, Audio and Video Streaming)
- Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks
- On-demand networks, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Networking technologies
- Cognitive Radio Networks
- Network middleware
- New Storage area networking solutions
- Security and privacy enforcement in telecommunication systems and networked applications
- Secure content management in network communications
- Network attacks, intrusion and anomaly detection, intelligent firewall solutions
- modern network security architectures for adaptive access-control and cooperative intervention
All the above topics are open to both academy research and industry contributions and can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, emerging standards and technologies, implementations, running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies.
M. Ficco, Second University of Naples, Italy
See instructions to authors.
An Author Order Form will be provided along with the PDF proof.
For initial submission a .pdf file of the article is sufficient. After an article has been accepted for publication an editable file of the text, such as MsWord or LateX, is required. If you are uploading a paper that has been accepted for publication or accepted pending minor revisions please upload the source files of the paper. If using LaTeX please use our LaTeX template and also send a pdf version of the LaTeX file as well as separate files of all figures (if any); see "Preparation of manuscripts" for the required file formats. LaTeX packages should be compiled into .zip or .rar files.
Authors of published articles (non-prepress, final articles) will be contacted by Kudos. Kudos is a service that helps researchers maximize the impact and visibility of their research. It allows authors to enrich their articles with lay metadata, add links to related materials and promote their articles through the Kudos system to a wider public. Authors will receive no more than three emails: one invitation and a maximum of two reminders to register for the service and link the published article to their profile. Using and registering for Kudos remains entirely optional. For more information, please have a look at our authors section.
DBLP Bibliography Server
Microsoft Academic Search
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
Web of Science: Emerging Sources Citation Index
12 Jan 2016 - IOS Press is happy to announce its partnership with Kudos (www.growkudos.com), an award winning service that helps researchers maximize the impact and visibility of their research. Kudos allows authors to enrich their articles with lay metadata, add links to related materials and promote their articles through the Kudos system to a wider public. From their personal dashboard, authors can track how often their articles are viewed and shared through Kudos. The service will be available to authors of all IOS Press journal articles starting the first quarter of 2016. ...