Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases XI
- Kawaguchi, E., Kangassalo, H., Jaakkola, H., Hamid, I.A.
- Pub. date
- January 2000
- 61 of Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications
- ISBN print
- Artificial Intelligence, Computer & Communication Sciences
This book is the eleventh volume in the series "Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases". The published papers are formally reviewed by an international programme committee and selected for the annual conference forming a forum for criticism, which is taken into account in the final published versions.
In this book we are interested in modelling of information in various ways, and the development and use of models in information systems of different kinds. Interesting applications of modelling can also be found in fields other than in information systems, e.g. in conceptual modelling of narrative texts.
The topics of the articles cover a wide variety of themes in the domain of information modelling, design and specification of information systems and knowledge bases, ranging from foundations and theories to systems construction and application studies. The contributions in this volume represent the following major themes:
1. models in intelligent activity
2. concept modelling and conceptual modelling
3. conceptual modelling and information requirements specification
4. collections of concepts, knowledge base design, and data base design
5. human-computer interaction and modelling
6. software engineering and modelling